Please wait

Menu

Call us today on

01920 830 084

Call us today on 01920 830 084

WE ARE OPEN FOR BUSINESS | CORONAVIRUS SAFETY POLICY

WE ARE OPEN FOR BUSINESS | CORONAVIRUS SAFETY POLICY

WE ARE OPEN FOR BUSINESS | CORONAVIRUS SAFETY POLICY

WE ARE OPEN FOR BUSINESS

CORONAVIRUS SAFETY POLICY

Home

Kitchens

Bathrooms

Lifestyle

Areas we cover

Areas we cover in Essex

4000

4000

FADE

BOTTOM CENTER

1

0

0

0

auto

0

No

0

No

0

0

0

0

0

No

0

Kitchen splashback dulux tarragon from splashbacks of distinction
Kitchen glass splashbacks abstract waves from splashbacks of distinction
Kitchen splashback in black
Glass balustrade garden
Kitchen splashback glitter finish
Kitchen splashback in stone effect
select image 1
select image 1
select image 1
select image 2
select image 2
select image 2
select image 3
select image 3
select image 3
select image 4
select image 4
select image 4
select image 5
select image 5
select image 5
select image 6
select image 6
select image 6

Glass Splashbacks | Kitchen Splashbacks | Bathroom Splashbacks | Glass Balustrades | Waltham Abbey, Essex

Based in Stevenage, Hertfordshire, Splashbacks of Distinction have a real passion for toughened glass in and around the home. We have transformed many properties, both commercial and domestic with our glass splashbacks, for kitchens, bathrooms and living rooms. Our toughened glass balustrades, glass shelving and splashbacks with high resolution images have really caught the imagination of people who demand beauty and functionality in their homes and offices.

Based in Stevenage, Hertfordshire, Splashbacks of Distinction have a real passion for toughened glass in and around the home. We have transformed many properties, both commercial and domestic with our glass splashbacks, for kitchens, bathrooms and living rooms. Our toughened glass balustrades, glass shelving and splashbacks with high resolution images have really caught the imagination of people who demand beauty and functionality in their homes and offices.

A little about Waltham Abbey

Waltham Abbey is a market town of about 20,400 people in Epping Forest District in the southwest of the county of Essex, 24 km NNE of London on the Greenwich Meridian, between the River Lea in the west and Epping Forest in the east.

Waltham Abbey takes its name from the Abbey Church of Waltham Holy Cross, a scheduled ancient monument that was prominent in the town's early history. The town is within the large civil parish of Waltham Abbey which was known as Waltham Holy Cross until 1974. The parish has a town council and is twinned with the German town of Horstel.

The recorded history of Waqltham Abbey began during the reign of Canute in the early 11th century when his standard bearer Tovi or Tofig the Proud, founded a church here to house the miraculous cross discovered at Montacute in Somerset. It is this cross that gave Waltham the earliest suffix to its name. After the death of Tovi around 1045, Waltham reverted to King Edward the Confessor, who gave it to the Earl Harold Godwinson, who would later become king himself until defeated by William the Conqueror. Harold rebuilt the church in stone around 1060, in gratitude it is said for his cure from a paralysis, through praying before the miraculous cross. The people of Waltham Abbey used the abbey as their parish church, and paid their tithes, worked the glebe as well any of their lords land, and paid other dues to the canons.

Legend has it that after his death at the Battle of Hastings in 1066, King Harolds body was brought to Waltham for burial near to the High Altar. Today, the spot is marked by a stone slab in the churchyard.

In 1177, as part of his penance for his part in the murder of Thomas Becket, Archbishop of Canterbury, Henry II refounded Harolds church as a priory of Augustinian Canons Regular of sixteen canons and a prior or dean. In 1184, this was enlarged so that Waltham became an abbey with an abbot and twenty four canons, which grew to be the richest monastery in Essex. To the abbeys west and south, the town grew as a linear development around a crossing road, although it had a single north south High Street as late as 1848.

In the medieval and early Tudor periods, there were two guilds in the parish, each with an endowment for a priest: the Brotherhood of Our Lady, and the Charnel Guild, whose priest was also the parish curate. The former, which existed from at least 1375, occupied the Lady Chapel in the parochial part of the church. The Charnel Guild, which occurs as the Sepulchre in 1366, probably used its crypt.

Waltham Abbeys dependence on the Abbey itself is signalled by its decline after the Abbey was dissolved and partially demolished in 1540, the last working abbey or monastery to be dissolved. Waltham Abbey vicarage is a 17th century timber framed and plastered building. It was given by Edward Denny, 1st Earl of Norwich to create the first curacy, but was much altered in the 18th century and later, and was more recently architecturally Grade II listed. In the early 19th century the church held three Sunday services, including one in the evening for the local factory workers. In 1862, Holy Communion was celebrated monthly and attended by about 100.

Post-Reformation Waltham Abbey

In the 17th century there were four churchwardens. Joseph Hall, curate from 1608, was later Bishop successively of Exeter and Norwich. A complete diocesan list of curates was printed to 1888 and Thomas Fuller, author of The Worthies of England and of the first History of Waltham Abbey, was curate 1649-58.

In the 17th century, a gunpowder factory was opened in the town, due to good river communications and empty marshland by the River Lea and this now forms the museum below.

Splashbacks of Distinction are not interested in just getting the job done, taking the money and moving onto the next client. We like to build a proper relationship with our clients, so they trust us to return for further installations and also recommend us to their friends and family. Most of our work comes from these recommendations and we always get a warm glow when this is the case. It simply proves to us that we are doing the right thing for our clients.

Splashbacks of Distinction supply the following splashback products in Waltham Abbey, Essex

  • Glass kitchen splashbacks
  • Glass kitchen splashback samples
  • Glass kitchen splashbacks in many different colours
  • Printed glass splashbacks
  • Colour matched splashbacks
  • Painted splashbacks

Splashbacks of Distinction also supply the following glass products in Waltham Abbey, Essex

  • Stainless steel and glass Balustrades
  • Glass shelves
  • Coloured mirrors
  • Toughened mirrors
  • Decorative glass
  • Glass hardware
  • Glass worktops
  • Glass shower cubicle
  • Garden glass balustrades
  • Glass staircases
  • Glass table tops
  • Satin glass
  • Toughened glass
  • Laminated glass
  • Opaque glass

Splashbacks of Distinction also supply the following glass related services in Waltham Abbey, Essex

  • Glass cut to size
  • Mirrors cut to size while you wait
  • Glass processing
  • Glass supply and installation
  • Supply only splashbacks
  • A glass express service
  • Template and fit

Only the finest quality from Splashbacks of Distinction

Splashbacks of Distinction ensure that only the finest quality toughened glass is used in all our products. We guarantee all of our work and are fully insured. We employ only trained and certified engineers. Splashbacks of Distinction never leave your property without ensuring you are totally satisfied with your beautiful new glass splashback, baluster, shelving or shower enclosure.

Further Information

If you would like to know more or are interested in a quote we would be happy to help. Phone us on 01920 830 084, email us at enquiries@splashbacksofdistinction.co.uk or fill in our enquiry form and we will be in touch as soon as possible.

Areas covered in Essex:

Showroom: Unit 11, Broomhall Farm, Watton At Stone, Hertford SG14 2RN

t: 01920 830 084

© 2024 Splashbacks of Distinction